Problems we solve
We Live Entrepreneurship!
Colleges and Universities work with Acorn Enterprise to enhance the student experience, by inspiring, educating and accelerating entrepreneurial students.
Whilst many of the existing public-sector business support agencies like to “touch” new-start businesses, they don’t get under the skin of how to run a new business. We really focus on teaching the mechanics of how to actually set-up and grow a successful business in 2019 and beyond.
We are run by business owners who want to give back to aspiring new business owners so our approach is relevant, credible and bursting with passion and energy. We live entrepreneurship!
"Acorn Enterprise are energetic, positive and supported us over the entire 2-day Acorn Business Bootcamp!"
Brian - Digital Media Student at City of Glasgow College
- Pressure from the Government to embed entrepreneurial skills into all subject areas.
- Staff and students don't view self-employment as a viable career after graduation.
- Lack of time, enterprise skills and industry awareness amongst teaching staff.
- Patchy and confusing support from existing public-sector business support agencies ("no-one owns it").
- Lack of relevant business role models, mentors and networking opportunities for students.
What We Can Do Together
- Foster a culture of enterprise at your institution, across all departments, adding value to existing enterprise initiatives and activities, such as business incubators and enterprise competitions.
- Enhance the student experience by giving your students an entrepreneurial edge.
- Position your College/University as forward-thinking, entrepreneurial and as a real hub for the wider business community.