Acorn Business Bootcamps
Entrepreneurship is a vital skills for all students in the 21st century. We can help!
Our Acorn Business Bootcamps are EPIC! And they will challenge, inspire and educate your students!
They are the perfect introduction for students who want to learn more about the practical skills of entrepreneurship. Whether they go on to run their own business or work in a job, these skills are essential to thriving in the 21st century!
The Bootcamps can be tailored for students who have never thought about running their own business before to those who are seeking to develop their existing business.
Watch the video below to find out what we can do together. This was an Acorn Business Bootcamp we ran with the City of Glasgow College.
"The Business Bootcamp we ran with Acorn Enterprise gave our students a real flavour of what running your own business is like.
Over the course of the one-day event, there were inspiring speakers, including St Andrews alumni, and challenging workshops that enabled the students to develop a more entrepreneurial mindset and further their business ideas.
I can recommend working with Acorn Enterprise".
University of St Andrews - Bonnie Hacking - Enterprise Adviser
Why run an acorn business bootcamp at your institution?
How are you preparing your students for this future of work?
"Enterprise", "Entrepreneurship" and "Innovation" are vital skills for the 21st Century. This is true whether students launch their own startup, or work for an organisation in the Private, Public or Voluntary sector.
Employers are increasingly looking for an "Entrepreneurial" mindset:
1. Seeing "opportunities", rather than "challenges".
2. Thinking about things differently. Creatively!
3. Communication, and many other soft skills.
We're not huge fans of verbiage so we're calling these "Future Skills". However, the future...is NOW!!!
Enhance your institution's entrepreneurial edge!
Our proven Business Bootcamps events will help enhance your institution's entrepreneurial edge!
Acorn Enterprise can help students whether they wish to run their own business or not. We actively seek to raise the aspirations of all those we work with.
We can encourage more students to consider running their own business and also give them some of the tools and mindset required to get their fledgling businesses going.
This will also complement their studies and add value to the student experience, by exploring employability as well as enterprise, regardless of the course the students are studying.
In our experience, inviting local business owners to attend along with your students allows for an exciting cross-fertisliation of skills, contacts and ideas. This also helps to position the institution as being a real hub for business.
What's involved exactly?
Topics covered: we can tailor the topics to your exact needs and those of your students. Here is a sample of some of the areas we can cover,
- "The entrepreneurial mindset"
- Where do business ideas come from? And what makes a good business?
- Time Management and Productivity
- Marketing in 2020 and beyond
- Goal setting in life and business
- Tough negotiations - negotiations skills
How many students can attend: we suggest around 20 students (we can increase this number and an additional fee may be required).
Business Bootcamp duration: we suggest a full-day Bootcamp (10am - 4pm), as this works best in our experience. However, it is also possible to run half-day sessions and those than run for several days.
What we need: eager students, a room to host the workshops, food to keep us all going, a computer, a projector, speakers, wi-fi access, and good chat!
Investment required: for a full-day Acorn Business Bootcamp (10am - 4pm) the investment required is: £1,500*.
*depending on final numbers and location.
Why work with Acorn Enterprise?
1. Acorn Enterprise are leaders in enterprise. Since 2013, we have worked with both staff and students at many Colleges and Universities across the UK. All of this work has been around helping these organisations understand enterprise and embed it into their culture.
2. We have also built up a highly committed and diverse community of existing business owners who want to help us educate and inspire. These include high-profile entrepreneurs, such as Bob Keiller (former Wood Group CEO), as well as those still building their businesses.
3. We're here to change lives, not just to tick the enterprise box. Not all organisations offering enterprise support are the same.
4. Acorn Enterprise have a suite of services we can offer you, including: Staff training sessions, activities for students, and guidance on running Enterprise Hubs and Business Incubators.
5. We will work with you to add real value to existing Enterprise and Employability initiatives. We know every College and University is unique and that's what makes it special, and your students are exactly the same. We detest the "one-size fits all" generic approach adopted by others.
6. Acorn Enterprise and our team have won several awards, including: being featured on the Sunday Times Maserati 100 List, being selected as an Enterprise Champion for Startup Britain, achieving Virgin Media's Pioneer of the Week, and more!